I decided to do an older, but classic technique called a waterfall card. The blocks on the image were my inspiration.
The real fun comes with the action when you pull the tab.
Sorry the video is sideways, but I was having trouble uploading it, so this is the best I could do.
In the past I had just done the mechanism portion by hand, but decided it would be a good idea to have it as a project on Design Space so that I could make them quickly if needed in the future. Using basic shapes and score lines, it was pretty quick to do. The blocks that flip were made using a square frame from the Going Places. I made the frame and also a duplicate with the center contour taken out to make the back of the block from the patterned paper. Kate’s ABC’s were used for the letters and I attached each of them in the middle of the frame. Originally I did that to save paper, but was then later able to use the negative cut in a bonus card. The patterned paper was from a really old stack I had by DCWV called Baby Girl. The size of the stack is 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 which makes it great for cards. The button brads were attached to the background paper before the whole thing was glued to the card base.
Here is the bonus card using the negative cuts.
Be sure to visit Bitten by the Bug 2 to add your own project for this challenge. Since we are collaborating with Double Trouble, we are not requiring you use the Cricut, but you do have to use a die cut in your project. Have fun – Denise